Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the Pound Cake:
- 1 Cup of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Sour Cream
- 2 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup of Sifted Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 1 3/4 Cups of Sugar
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup of MilkFor the Ganache:
- 4 ounces of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp of Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp of Salt
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2) In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and whisk for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
3) Mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
4) Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, instant espresso and salt. Mix it while adding the milk in just to combine but do not over mix.
5) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top so it's even. Cook for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until when a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean.
6) Allow it to cool completely.
7) Heat the cream in a small pan over medium heat until just below boiling point.
8) Pour the cream over the chocolate chips and let sit for 1 minute. Add the softened butter and whisk the whole thing together until the chocolate has fully melted.
9) Pour the ganache over the pound cake and top with shavings of chocolate.