Cook time20 minutes
ServingsServes 4 to 6
- 1 lb of Russet Potatoes
- 2 tsp of Flour
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1 tsp of Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper
- Frying Oil
1) Peel your potatoes (but donít cut them) place them in a saucepan, cover them with cold water, bring to a boil and then simmer the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until you can easily stick a knife through the center but are still firm (you donít want them to be too soft for this) then drain them and allow them to cool a bit.
2) Shred the potatoes using the largest size on a box grater, squeeze the grated potatoes to make sure there is no liquid present, then add the squeezed potatoes to a bowl and mix in the flour, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper until well combined.
3) Before you start forming your tots, prepare a heavy bottomed skillet by filling it half way up with some vegetable oil and allow it to get nice and hot.
4) Form your tots, then in batches, fry them for a few minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy, drain on a paper towel lined plate and dig in!
NOTE: These freeze and reheat very well, all you do is place them on a single layer on a baking sheet, pop them in the freezer for about 45 minutes, then transfer them to a plastic resealable freezer bag and store them for a later use.
To reheat, bake them for about 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven