Cook time45 minutes
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4 Plum Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tsp of Ginger Paste or 1 tbsp of fresh chopped ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp of Curry Powder
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp of Coriander Seeds
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 15 oz can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 of a head of Cauliflower, florets cut into bite size pieces
- 3 cups of Chopped Kale Leaves
- 4 cups of Veggie Stock
- 1 cup of Coconut Milk
- Salt, to taste
1) In a large dutch oven or soup pot, add 2 tablespoons of oil, preheat over medium heat then add the onions, garlic and tomatoes, add a pinch of salt and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until they have softened and reduced, then add the ginger paste, stir it in, transfer the mixture to a food processor an blend to make a smooth paste.
2) Add the remaining tablespoon of oil in the same pot, add the cumin seeds and coriander seeds, cook until they start to pop and become fragrant, add the tomato puree mixture in along with the curry powder, paprika, sweet potatoes and chickpeas, stir everything together add the stock and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about half an hour.
3) Add the cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes or until tender and a couple minutes before itís fully cooked, add the kale and cook just a few more minutes.
4) Adjust the seasoning to taste, serve with rice and fresh chopped cilantro.