Cook time minutes
- 1 1-lb Rib Eye Steak about 1 inch thick
- ½ cup of Beef Broth
- 2 Tbsp of Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Shallot, minced
- 2 tsp of Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Brandy
1) Preheat a cast iron skillet over high heat and set aside.
2) Season the steaks with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper and let it rest for 5 minutes.
3) Place the oil in the hot skillet and let it get nice and hot, add the seasoned steak and cook it for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired temperature. Remove the steak onto a plate and cover with foil.
4) Get rid of most of the fat that has collected in the pan but just leave behind a couple tsp.
5) Add the butter, and shallot and let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until they have cooked down.
6) Turn the heat off and add in the brandy, scraping off any bits that have collected in the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat back on to medium high and let that cook for 30 seconds.
7) Add the beef broth and let it come to a boil, season lightly with salt and add in the fresh thyme.
8) Add the heavy cream and allow the mixture to cook away and reduce for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
9) Slice your steak and pour over the sauce. Enjoy!