Cook time15 minutes
- 12oz of Spaghetti
- 8oz of Pancetta, cubed
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, peeled but not chopped
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Small Dried Chili or a Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup of Frozen Peas
- 2 Tbsp of Roughly Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil, add the spaghetti and cook until al dente.
2) In a large skillet, add the oil, garlic, pancetta and chili and over medium heat, cook until the pancetta becomes slightly crispy around the edges and renders all its fat, this should only take about 6 minutes or so if the pasta isnít done by then, turn the heat as low as it goes.
3) Reserve about 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water before you drain the spaghetti (add the peas to the spaghetti about 1 minute before you drain them) , add the pasta water to the skillet with the pancetta along with the drained pasta and peas, parm, parsley and black pepper, cook all together for a couple of minutes and then serve immediately!