Cook time minutes
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Anchovy Fillets ( the ones packed in oil not salt)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp of Drained Capers
- ˝ Cup of Kalamata Olives, sliced in half
- 1 28 oz of Peeled Crushed Italian Tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 8 oz of Spaghetti
- Fresh Basil
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in a generous handful of salt. Bring it to boil.
2) In a large non stick skillet with high sides, over medium heat sauté together the garlic, anchovy fillets and crushed pepper in the olive oil until the anchovies melt and the garlic begins to slightly color and cook down.
3) Add the crushed tomatoes, caper and olives. Give it a stir and cook for about 10 minutes or until nicely thick and reduced. (this is the time to add the spaghetti to the boiling water and cook to al dente.)
4) Taste the sauce for seasoning and adjust to taste. Turn the heat off and add the fresh basil and cooked and drained spaghetti. Toss together to combine and dig in!
This is definitely on my top 5 of favorite dishes of all time. It’s quick, easy and oh so delicious!