Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
For the Chicken:
- 2 Portions of Chicken Leg Quarters or any other cut of chicken you like
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the Sauce:
- 1 Shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup of White Wine
- 3/4 cup of Chicken Stock
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Whole Grain Mustard, also known as coarse mustard
- 2 Tbsp of Chopped Chives
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, place the chicken in a cast iron skillet (any oven proof skillet will work) drizzle a little oil over the chicken and season with salt and pepper, pop them in the oven and roast them for about 45 minutes or until fully cooked through.
2) Remove most of the fat from the skillet leaving behind only 1 tablespoon, place it on the burner on medium heat, add the scallion and saute it for about a minute.
3) Add the wine, allow it to reduce by half, add the stock and allow that to reduce by half as well.
4) Add in the cream, mustard, salt and pepper, cook for 2 more minutes, stir in the chives and remove from the heat. Serve with the chicken and dig in!