Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes 12 Cupcakes
For the Cakes:
- 1-1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 to 2/3 Cup of Crushed Pineapple
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla ExtractFor the coconut buttercream:
- 3/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Coconut Extract
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- Small Pinch of Salt, about 1/8 of a tsp
- Shredded Sweetened coconut
1) Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray a cupcake pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both kinds of sugar, add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
3) Add the flour, baking powder and salt along with the crushed pineapple. Mix just until everything is mixed thoroughly, fill your muffin tin using an ice cream scoop and bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked through.
4) Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
6) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the butter and coconut extract and mix for a few seconds to get the butter started. Add the confectioner sugar, salt and milk and mix on medium speed until the frosting becomes thick and fluffy.