Cook time45 minutes
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 1/2 of a Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp of Dark Raisins
- 3 Tbsp of Chopped pimento stuffed Olives + 2 Tbsp of The brine
- 1 15oz can of Petite Diced Tomatoes in Sauce
- 1/2 tsp of Adobo plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin
1) Preheat a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat with about a tablespoon of oil, add the beef, break it up as much as possible with a wooden spoon and allow it to cook until fully cooked through.
2) Push the beef to one side, add the remaining tablespoon of oil the other side and add in the onions, peppers and garlic and saute for a few minutes or until they soften and cook down a bit then unite the veggies with the beef and cook together for a couple more minutes.
3) Add all the remaining ingredients along with about 1/2 cup of water, bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium low, cover and allow to simmer for about a half an hour.
4) When ready to serve, adjust the seasoning to taste and serve over fluffy white rice with a scattering of cilantro all over the top.