Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 812
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 4Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
2 Green Cubanelle Peppers also known as Italian Mild Peppers but if you canít find them, use red bell peppers.
1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
1/4 cup of Milk
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 tsp of Granulated Onion
2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
4 Slices of Provolone or any cheese you prefer
2 Small Hoagie Rolls
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat your broiler to high, split your rolls lengthwise (don't cut all the way through) brush the inside of the cut rolls with the butter and pop them under the broiler cut side up for just a minute or two or until the buttery cut side turns golden-brown, take them out and allow them to cool a bit.
2) In a medium skillet add the oil and allow it to get hot over medium heat, add the peppers, season lightly with salt and pepper and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the peppers develop some color and soften.
3) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, granulated onion, parmiggiano, salt and pepper and set aside.
4) Pour the eggs in the skillet with the pepper and cook for about 2 minutes making sure to move things around with a wooden spoon so your eggs cook evenly, top the eggs and pepper with the cheese and place a lid on the skillet so the cheese melts, this will only take about 30 seconds.
5) Divide the mixture in half and stuff it in your warm buttery toasted rolls.