Cook time45 minutes
For the Potatoes:
- 2 lb of Russet Potatoes, peeled and cut into large rounds buy cutting them across horizontally
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp of Ghee or Clarified Butter
- 8 Cloves of Garlic, peeled
- Few Sprigs of Rosemary
- Few Sprigs of Thyme
- Few Sage Leaves
- 1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parm
- Pinch of Granulated Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to tasteFor the Broccolini:
- 2lb of Broccolini, trimmed
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, sliced
- 1/4 cup of Pine Nuts
- Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a saucepan, add the potatoes, cover with water, add a generous pinch of salt, bring to a boil, boil for 2 minutes, then drain and let them sit for a few minutes.
3) If you have a skillet big enough to hold the potatoes and can go straight to the oven then use that, if not then cook them in batches and place them in a roasting pan before popping them in the oven.
4) Add the oil and ghee in a large skillet, allow it to get nice and hot over medium high heat then add the drained potatoes and cook until they develop some good deep color on both sides, then add the garlic cloves, and herbs along with some salt and pepper, granulated garlic and parm and give everything a good toss in the hot pan, pop them in the oven to finish cooking through, about half an hour.
5) While the potatoes cook, move onto the broccolini. In same pan you boiled the potatoes in, fill it with water, add a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil, then drop in your broccolini and boil for exactly 2 minutes, drain and set aside.
6) In a large skillet, add the oil along with the garlic, pine nuts and chilies, saute over medium heat until the garlic starts to brown and the pine nuts get all toasty and lightly browned.
7) Add the broccolini, add a final touch of salt and cook everything together just for a couple of minutes but not too long or the broccolini looses its color and crunch.
8) Serve the potatoes and broccolini together and enjoy!