Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1138
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 1 dozen or soPrep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
2 Tbsp of Milk
1-1/2 cups of Cake Flour
1/2 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
For the Filling:
1 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar for 2 minutes, add the egg, milk and vanilla and mix for another minute.
2) Add the flour and salt, mix until combined then place the dough in a bowl, cover and pop it in the fridge for about half an hour.
3) Using a piping bag fitted with a large round tip, pipe out 3 inch ropes about 2 inches apart on your prepared baking sheet.
4) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
5) Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown around the edges, allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
6) Melt the chocolate chips either in the microwave or on a double boiler, then allow it to sit for about 10 minutes to firm up a bit and smear a little of the chocolate on the flat side of one cookie and place another on top to make a “sandwich”.
7) Serve right away or store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days.