Cook time30 minutes
- 4 Potatoes (about 1 1/2lb) peeled and diced into 1/2” pieces
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- 3 cups of Chicken Stock
- 3 cups of Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup of Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups of Shredded Sharp Cheddar
- Chopped Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large dutch oven or soup pot, cook the bacon until it becomes nice and crispy, about 4 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined plate using a slotted spoon and set aside.
2) Discard any fat that the bacon rendered and add the butter and onion and saute until the onion becomes translucent and develops a bit of color, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3) Add the flour and stir constantly for 1 minute, add the milk, stock and potatoes and bring to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
4) Add the sour cream, cooked bacon and cheese and stir everything together and cook for 5 more minutes.
5) Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve.When you’re ready to serve, sprinkle some chopped green onions over the top with a little extra sprinkle of cheese.