Cook time25 minutes
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 Stalks of Celery, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 Large Potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 cups of Broccoli Florets
- About 4-1/2 (or more) of Vegetable of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 cup of Reduced Fat Half and Half
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large soup pot preheated over medium heat, sauté together the onions, garlic, celery and potato with the olive oil until the veggies develop some color.
2) Add the broccoli and cover the broccoli with stock. Allow the soup to simmer for about 20 minutes or until the broccoli and potatoes are really soft.
3) Blend the soup using either and emersion blender or a regular blender.
4) Add the soup back in the pot (if you used a blender to puree it) add the half and half and heat everything together for just about a minute. Adjust for seasoning and serve!