Cook time30 minutes
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 lb of Ground Beef
- 14 oz can of Diced Tomatoes
- 14 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 7 cups of Beef Stock
- 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
- 8 oz of Lasagna noodles, broken up into small pieces
- 1/2 cup of Ricotta
- Fresh Basil
- Shredded Mozzarella, optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large pot, add the olive oil, preheat it over medium high heat, add the onions and ground beef and saute for about 6 to 8 minutes or until they have developed some color and the beef is cooked all the way through. If the ground beef you’re using is very fatty, discard any fat from the bottom of the pan at this point. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
2) Add the beef stock, both kinds of tomatoes and italian seasoning, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Add the broken pieces of lasagna noodles, cook for 10 minutes, adjust the seasoning to taste, stir in the fresh basil and parmigiano, ladle into bowls then sprinkle a little mozzarella on the top of each one and a dollop of ricotta and as you eat, stir it all together.