Preparation4 hours 0 minutes
Cook time15 minutes
- 1 lb of Russet Potatoes, washed and scrubbed well
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- Salt, to taste
1) Fill a large bowl with cold water and set aside.
2) Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, slice the potatoes really thin (they should be see-through) and add them to the bowl of water.
3) Allow the slices of potatoes to soak for a few hours making sure to change the water every hour.
4) Add enough oil to a large heavy duty pot to come up halfway up the sides of the pot and heat it to 375 degrees.
5) Working in batches, dry the potatoes really well on kitchen towels or paper towels (itís extremely important that each slice of potato is very very dry).
6) Working in batches, fry the chips for a few minutes making sure to stir them around the whole time so they cook evenly.
7) Drain on some paper towel lined plates and immediately sprinkle some salt over them and give them a toss.
8) Repeat with the remaining chips and enjoy them fresh!