Cook time10 minutes
- 1-3/4 cup of Masa Harina
- 1-1/2 cups of Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil or Melted Shortening
- 3/4 tsp of Salt
1) In a large bowl, mix together all of the ingredients until a dough forms, cover the dough with a damp towel and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
2) Preheat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat (if your cast iron pan is well seasoned you donít need to add any oil but if itís not, smear some vegetable oil all over the surface of your pan using a piece of paper towel).
3) Divide the dough into 16 pieces, form each piece into a ball and press each one in a tortilla press between 2 pieces of wax paper or plastic.
4) Cook each one for about 40 seconds on each side plus 10 seconds back on the first side. As you cook them, keep them covered at all times so they soften and become pliable.