Cook time minutes
- 2 1/3 cups of Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp of Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp of Cloves
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of Molasses
- 1 cup of Sour Cream
- ¼ cup of Sugar
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp of Dark Rum
- ¼ cup of Golden RaisinsGlaze:
- 1 cup of Confectioner Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Orange Juice
- 2 tsp of the Rum From Soaking the Raisins
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 by 8 cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a medium bowl mix together the first 6 ingredients and set aside.
3) Place rum and raisins in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 90 seconds. Set aside to cool.
4) In a small pan combine together the molasses and butter, bring to boil and turn the heat off.
5) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine together the butter mixture, sugar, vanilla, sour cream and orange zest. Whisk to combine well.
6) With the speed on low, gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix just to combine but do not over mix! With a spatula fold in the raisins but do not add the rum. (Reserve 2 tsp of the rum)
7) Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8) Cool completely before making the glaze.
9) To make the glaze, whisk together the confectioner sugar, rum and orange juice. The consistency should be runny but still slightly thick.
10) Take the gingerbread out of the pan and place it on a plate. Drizzle the glaze all over the top. Allow the glaze to set slightly before cutting it, about 15 minutes. Cut into squares and dig in!