Cook time5 hours 0 minutes
For the Meatballs (for a large batch):
- 3 lb of Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups of Fresh Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp of Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteFor the sauce:
- 1/2 cup of Red Wine
- 24 oz can of Tomato Puree
- 14 oz can of Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced
- 10 oz of Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tsp of Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) To make the meatballs, add the onions and garlic to a food processor and pulse until smooth.
2) In a large bowl, add the ground beef, onion mixture. fennel seeds, parm, bread crumbs, eggs Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, mix everything together well and form your meatballs.
3) Add the meatballs straight into the crock pot (make sure you add a small drizzle of oil to the bottom of your crockpot) and cook them on high for 2 hours.
4) After the 2 hours, add all of the ingredients for the sauce right over top of the meatballs, cover and cook on high for an additional 2 hours and 45 minutes.
5) Once everything is cooked, give it a good stir and adjust the seasoning to taste.