Cook time10 minutes
For the Chicken:
- 2/3 cup of Buttermilk
- 1-1/2 lb of Thinly Sliced Chicken Breast, each piece cut in half
- 1 Tbsp of Chicken Seasoning of any seasoning of your choice
- 1 Tbsp of Granulated Garlic
- Salt and PepperFor the Dredging and frying:
- 1-1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbsp of Chicken Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Vegetable Oil for fryingFor the Sandwich:
- 6 Soft Large Hamburger Rolls
- Green Leaf Lettuce
- Sliced Tomatoes
- Buffalo Sauce
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing
1) In a bowl, mix together the chicken with the buttermilk, seasonings and salt and pepper, cover with some plastic wrap and pop them in the fridge for a few hours.
2) Add about 1/2" of vegetable oil to a large cast iron skillet and preheat it over medium-high heat (right between medium and medium high).
3) On a plate, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and seasoning, dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture then fry in the hot oil for a few minutes on each side or until deeply golden brown and crispy. Allow the chicken to sit on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
4) When ready to assemble your sandwich, smear a little ranch on the bottom of the bun, then top with a slice of tomato, followed by 2 pieces of the chicken, some of the buffalo sauce and finally, a piece of green leaf lettuce, top with the top bun and dig in right away!