Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1119
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 24Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
4 cups of All Purpose Flour
1 tsp of Salt
1-1/4 cup of Warm Water, about 110 degrees Fahrenheit
1-1/2 Tbsp of Active Dry Yeast
1/4 cup of Cold Butter, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup of Cold Vegetable Shortening, cut into small Pieces
2 Egg Yolks
1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
3 Tbsp of Melted Butter for brushing them when they come out
1) Add the yeast and one teaspoon of sugar to the warm water and set it aside to proof.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer, add the flour, sugar and salt then add the egg, egg yolk and yeast mixture, knead on medium speed for about 2 minutes, then add the cold butter and shortening and knead for another minute or so.
3) Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and pop it somewhere to rise until doubled in size.
4) Dump the dough onto a floured surface cut it in half, then roll each half into a 12 inch circle (on a very lightly floured surface) cut into 12 wedges and roll each one into a crescent roll and place them seam side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
5) Repeat with the other half then pop them in the oven and bake them for about 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Brush the tops with a little butter when they come out.