Cook time15 minutes
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 Egg, beaten with a tablespoon of cream
- 2 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup of Confectioner Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Lemon Zest
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Raspberries
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, line a baking sheet with some parchment paper. Lightly grease 8 cream horn molds with a little butter and set aside.
2) On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry so that itís about an inch bigger on all four sides.
3) Cut 8 equal strips out of the pastry and working with one at time, wrap it around the mold starting from the bottom overlapping a little so there is no open space (watch video for a better visual) then place it seam side down on your prepared baking sheet. Continue with the rest of the pastry.
4) Lightly brush them all over with the egg mixture and lightly sprinkle all over with the sugar, pop them in the oven to bake for about 10 to 15 minutes until lightly golden brown then make sure to let them cool completely.
5) To make the cream, whip the heavy cream with the confectioner sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest (omit the lemon zest if youíre also using this cream to layer the nutella) until stiff peaks form.
6) Once the pastry comes out of the oven allow to cool to room temperature, remove the mold and make sure they cool completely before filling with the cream and topping with some berries.
Note: Watch the video to see how I stuffed them and the Nutella version as well!