Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 12oz of Fresh Pasta Sheets, cut in halfFor the Filling:
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 4 cups of Baby Spinach, washed and dried
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Lemon Zest (optional)
- 8 oz of Fresh Lump Crab Meat
- 15 oz of Ricotta
- 1/2 cup of Parmiggiano
- 1 cup of Shredded Mozzarella
- Salt and Pepper, to tasteSauce:
- 3 Tbsp of Butter
- 3 Tbsp of Four
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of White Wine
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 cup of Parmiggiano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1) To make the sauce, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, add the flour and cook, stirring constantly for about a minute. Add the wine, allow it to cook for about a minute, add the milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper and cook the sauce for about 5 to 6 minutes stirring constantly. The sauce should be thick but still a bit runny. stir in the parmiggiano and set aside.
2) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a baking dish with a little butter and set aside.
3) To make the filling, add the oil in a large skillet and saute the shallot and garlic for just a couple minutes over medium heat until they develop some color and cook down a bit.
4) Add the spinach, cover the skillet with a lid and let the spinach wilt down for a couple minutes, season with some salt and pepper and and cook the spinach mixture uncovered for a couple minutes or until all the spinach is wilted.
5) In a large bowl, stir together the ricotta, crab, parmiggiano, mozzarella, lemon zest and cooked spinach mixture.
6) Ladle some of the sauce in the bottom of your baking dish and set it aside. Take one of the half sheets of fresh pasta, spoon some of the mixture onto it and roll it like a cigar. Place it seam side down in the baking dish and continue with the rest.
7) Pour the remaining sauce over the stuffed manicotti and cover the dish with some aluminum foil.
8) Bake it covered for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and continue to bake them for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until the top is lovely golden brown. Allow them to cook slightly before serving!