Cook time45 minutes
For the cake:
- 2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups of Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups of Buttermilk
- 2 tsp of Coconut ExtractFor the Glaze:
- 4 Tbsp of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
- 1 cup of Confectioners Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- 1 tsp of Coconut Extract
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 cup Bundt pan with some non-stick spray and set aside.
2) In a bowl, mix together the flour, coconut, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a handheld electric whisk, cream together the butter and sugar for about a minute, add the eggs, whisk all together for another minute.
4) Pour in the buttermilk and coconut extract, whisk to combine.
5) Add the dry ingredients, mix until thoroughly incorporated then pour batter into your prepared pan, smooth the top and pop it in the oven to bake for about 45 minutes or until fully cooked through. Let the cake sit for about 15 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6) To make the glaze, in a bow, using a handheld electric whisk, cream together the cream cheese and sugar, add the coconut extract and the milk a little at a time and whisk until you achieve your desired consistency.
7) Drizzle the glaze over the cake and if you like, sprinkle on some more shredded coconut.