Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 961
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 1 dozenPrep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
1-1/2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp of Nutmeg
1/2 cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
1 cup of Shredded Zucchini (from about 1 large zucchini)
2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/4 cup of Chopped Walnuts, optional
1/2 cup of Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a large bowl using a whisk, mix together the eggs, applesauce, vanilla extract and both kinds of sugar, stir in the grated zucchini and just mix everything until well combined.
3) In a smaller bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4) In another small bowl, toss the walnuts and chocolate chips in 1/2 cup of the flour mixture.
5) Add the flour mixture to the zucchini mixture and mix to combine, making sure not to over mix, fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips mixture.
6) Pour the mixture into the prepared muffin tin and bake for about 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow it to cool slightly before serving.