Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 779
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
For the Marinade
1/4 cup of Lemongrass, roughly chopped
1/4 cup of Green Onions, roughly chopped
1 Red Chili, roughly chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp of Chopped Ginger
2 Tbsp of Fish Sauce
1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
3 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
1 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
1-1/2 lbs of Chicken Breast thinly sliced lengthwise
For the Peanut Sauce:
1/2 cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
1 Clove of Garlic
1 tsp of Red Chili Paste
2 Tbsp of Soy Sauce
Juice of 1 Lime
1/4 cup of Hot Water
1) In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade, toss the chicken in the marinade, cover and pop in the fridge for a couple hours.
2) Soak some wooden skewers in water for a few hours.
3) Preheat a grill pan over medium/medium high heat.
4) Skewer your marinated chicken and grill them on the grill pan for about 3 or 4 minutes or so or until the chicken is fully cooked. You can also skip the skewering part and just grill them up as-is!
5) Set aside for a few minutes and make the sauce.
6) In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients for the sauce and puree until smooth.
7) Serve the chicken skewers with the peanut sauce and scatter some chopped roasted peanuts over the sauce and fresh cilantro and lime over the chicken.