Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1110
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
2 to 3 Large Zucchini, halved lengthwise and center scooped out
1 lb of Ground Chicken
1/2 Small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1/2 cup of Halved Cherry Tomatoes or you can use canned diced tomatoes
1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
1/4 cup of Shredded Mozzarella
1/4 cup of Freshly Grated Parmigiano plus a bit more for the top
2 Tbsp of Breadcrumbs
Fresh Basil Leaves
Couple of cups of halved cherry tomatoes
Few Cloves of Garlic, peeled and smashed
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a small skillet add the olive oil, allow it to preheat over medium heat, add the onion and cook for about 3 minutes or until softened, add the garlic, Italian seasoning and diced tomatoes and cook for another 30 seconds, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3) In a bowl, mix together the ground chicken, onion mixture, mozzarella, Parmiggiano, egg, salt and pepper, mix together well.
4) Divide the mixture evenly in the zucchini boats, then place them in a lightly oiled baking pan, and sprinkle the tops with a light grating of parm, a small pinch of breadcrumbs and a drizzle of olive oil.
5) Scatter some tomatoes (fresh or canned diced) whole peeled garlic cloves, basil leaves, drizzle of oil and some salt and pepper in the pan around the zucchini, pop it in the oven to bake for about 30 minutes.