Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 817
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
1 lb of Shredded Cooked Chicken
1 Small Onion, diced
12 to 14 Small Corn or Flour Tortillas
1 4oz can of Mild Green Chilies
2-1/2 cups of Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
2 14oz can of Red Enchilada Sauce
1 tsp of Chili Powder
1 tsp of Cumin
1/4 tsp of Dried Oregano
3 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with a little vegetable oil.
2) In a large Skillet, cook the onions in the oil for 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat or until golden brown, add the chili powder, cumin and oregano and stir them in for about 30 seconds.
3) Add the canned chilies, shredded chicken, salt and pepper and cook everything together for about 2 minutes, remove the filling to a bowl to cool.
4) In the same skillet, add both cans of sauce and allow it to come to a boil, mix together the water and cornstarch and add it to the sauce. Cook for a couple minutes, remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool a bit.
5) Take each tortilla and quickly warm it up either in a skillet or right over a gas burner, set them aside.
6) Add half of the sauce in the bottom of your pan and set aside.
7) Take each toasted tortilla, smear a spoonful of sauce on each one, top with some of the chicken mixture followed by a little cheese as well, wrap like a cigar and place it seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
8) Continue the same step until all of your tortillas are rolled, pour remaining sauce over the top, sprinkle remaining cheese and bake them for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and bubbly .