Cook time30 minutes
- 1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup of All Purpose Flour
- 6 cups of Chicken Stock
- 3/4 cup of Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 lb of Potato Gnocchi
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups of Cooked Chicken Breast
- 3 cups of Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) In a large soup pot over medium heat, add the butter, allow it to melt then add the onions, carrots and celery along with a small pinch of salt and saute until the veggies soften, about 5 minutes.
2) Add the flour, cook stirring for about 1 minute, then add the chicken stock, milk and heavy cream, bring to a boil then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 20 minutes.
3) Add the chicken along with the gnocchi and cook until the gnocchi are fully cooked, remove from the heat, stir in the spinach, adjust the seasoning to taste and serve with some freshly grated parm on top.