Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1128
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 12 or morePrep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
10 to 12 Egg Roll Wrappers
1 lb of Frozen Cheesesteak Beef, thawed for about half an hour at room temperature
1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
5 oz of Cremini Mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
10 to 12 Slices of American Cheese or Cheddar
1) Fill a heavy duty pot half way up with some vegetable oil and bring it to 350 degrees.
2) In a large skillet preheated over medium high heat, add the oil, allow it to get hot, then add the mushrooms and onions and saute for about 6 to 7 minutes or until they develop some color.
3) Increase the heat to high, add the beef and using a spatula, break up the beef as much as possible, season with salt and pepper and cook long enough until the beef is fully cooked through. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4) Lay an egg roll wrapper in front of you on a diagonal, place a piece of cheese in the center, top that with some of the beef mixture then brush some water all around the edges and seal it like a burrito. Repeat with the rest.
5) Fry a few at a time in the hot oil or until deeply golden brown, drain on a paper towel lined plate and serve with some spicy ketchup.