Cook time minutes
- 4 oz of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp of Sugar
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Tbsp of Sour Cream
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp of Lemon Zest
- 1 Sheet of Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 Egg, whisked with a bit of water for an egg wash
1) In a bowl combine the first 6 ingredients together and whisk until creamy and combined.
2) Sprinkle your counter with some flour and unfold the puff pastry. With a floured rolling pin, roll the pastry out to about 10 by 10 inch. Cut into quarters and evenly divide the filling placing it in the center of each square.
3) Brush the boarder of the squares with the egg wash and pinch together the 2 opposite corners. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash. Pop them in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
These are sooooo good!!!! Once you make them you will never buy them again. The ones you buy have probably been in the package so long they taste like cardboard. But these are so incredible and I guarantee that once you make them you will agree!