Cook time40 minutes
- 2 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Yellow Onions, roughly chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp of Grated Ginger
- 1 Green Chili, I use a Serrano chili and pierce all over with the tip of a knife
- 2 14 oz cans of Chickpeas, drained and Rinsed
- 1 14 oz can of Whole Tomatoes with their juice
- 1 tsp of Garam Masala
- 1 tsp of Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp of Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1/2 tsp of Mango Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Tumeric Powder
- 1 tsp of Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds
- 1-1/2 cups of Water
- Salt, to taste
1) Add the oil to a large pot, bring to temperature over medium heat, meanwhile, add the onions and garlic in a food processor and puree until somewhat smooth, add the mixture to the hot pot along with the grated ginger and chili and saute for about 6 to 7 minutes.
2) Add the tomatoes to the food processor and puree those as well, set aside.
3) Add the cumin seeds and coriander seeds to the onion mixture, cook for 30 seconds, then add all of the remaining ingredients along with about a cup and a half of water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for about 30 minutes.
4) When ready to serve, top with some chopped cilantro and dig in!