Cook time45 minutes
- 3 lb of Sweet Potatoes or Yams, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch rounds
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Pecans, optional
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Add the potatoes to a large pot, add a generous pinch of salt, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, drain well and put them back in the same pot.
2) Add the butter, both kinds of sugar and pumpkin pie spice to the potatoes, cook everything on medium heat just for a few minutes or until the butter has melted and it’s created a bit of a sauce.
3) Place the sweet potatoes with the sauce in a casserole dish, cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes, remove the foil, sprinkle the pecans over top, baste the top of the potatoes with the “sauce” and bake an additional 30 minutes, allow to cool completely before serving.