Cook time10 minutes
- 1 lb of Shrimp, peeled and devained
- 1 cup of Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Milk
- 1 cup of Cornmeal
- Paprika, to taste
- Cajun Seasoning, to taste
- Granulated Garlic, to taste
- Dried Chives or Granulated Onion, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Oil for Frying
- 1/4 cup of Hot Sauce (I like Franks)
- 1/4 cup of Butter
1) In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk with a little pinch of cajun seasoning, set aside.
2) On a large plate, stir together the flour and a a sprinkle of all the spices and then in a different plate do the same with the cornmeal.
3) When ready to prep the shrimp, start by dusting each one in the seasoned flour, then dip in the eggs and coat in the cornmeal mixture, set aside for about 10 minutes.
4) Add some frying oil in a large cast iron pan, then once really hot start frying them in batches until crispy on both sides.
5) Once the shrimp are done, add the hot sauce and butter in a small saucepan and while constantly whisking, cook until the butter is melted.
6) Drizzle the shrimp with the hot sauce mixture and enjoy!