Cook time25 minutes
- 8 Breakfast Sausage Links, casings removed
- 8 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Cream
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 5 Scallions, trimmed and minced
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar
- 1 tsp of SteakSeasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Egg Wash, one egg beaten with a touch of cream, milk or water
1) In a large skillet, add about 1 Tbsp of butter and allow it to melt over medium heat. Add the sausages, break them up with a wooden spoon as best as you can, season with a touch of salt and pepper and allow them to fully cook through. Remove to a plate and set them aside while you work on the eggs.
2) In the same skillet, add the remaining butter and allow it to melt over medium-low heat, add the onions and cook them for a couple minutes. While the onions are cooking, add the eggs, cream, steak seasoning, salt and pepper into a bowl and whisk until combined.
3) Add the egg mixture to the cooked onions, cook the eggs for about 2 or 3 minutes stirring with a wooden spoon. The eggs should be cooked but still look a bit creamy.
4) Turn the heat off, stir in the cheese (donít allow it to all melt, just stir it in to combine) and set aside.
5) Dust some flour on your work surface, and working with one piece of puff pastry at a time, roll it out slightly with a rolling pin until itís 10Ē square all around.
6) Cut 4 squares out of each sheet of puff pastry and working quickly (so the puff pastry doesnít start sticking to your counter) add a spoonful of the egg mixture on one side of each cut piece of piece of pastry.
7) Brush the edges of each square with the egg wash, fold one side over to seal (it should look like a triangle) dip a fork into some flour and seal the edges.
8) Brush the top with the egg wash as well and make a tiny little slit at the top of each one with a sharp knife.
9) Bake them for about 25 minutes or until golden brown, making sure to rotate the baking sheets half way through baking for even baking.
10) Let them cool for a few minutes and enjoy!