Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes about 15
For the Twists:
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 3 Tbsp of Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- Eggwash, one egg beaten with a tablespoon of milk or waterFor the Chocolate Sauce:
- 1 cup of Semisweet or Bittersweet Chocolate
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
- Less than 1/8 tsp of salt
1) In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside. Line 2 baking sheets with some parchment paper and set aside.
2) Lay out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface, roll it out so it’s about 1” bigger on all sides, brush the egg wash all over the top, then sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
3) Cut about 1 inch strips lengthwise, then take the two ends and give it a few twists (refer to video for clearer instructions) place them on the baking sheets, then pop them in the freezer for 15 minutes.
4) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees, bake the twists for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, rotate the baking sheets halfway through for even baking.
5) Allow the twists to cool, meanwhile, make the sauce.
6) In a small saucepan add all the ingredients for the sauce, then on medium-low heat and constantly stirring, cook the mixture until everything is evenly melted then pour the sauce in a dish immediately to prevent over cooking.