Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1105
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
For the filling:
2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled, cored and diced
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
4 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 tsp of Flour
1/4 cup of Caramel Sauce
6 Small Flour Tortillas
For the topping:
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar mixed with 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a small skillet over medium heat, add the butter, allow it to melt then add the apples, brown sugar and cinnamon and saute for about 5 minutes, stir in the vanilla and the flour and cook while stirring for about 1 minute longer. Stir in the caramel sauce and set aside.
3) Brush a little butter in an 8x8 inch baking pan and set aside.
4) Divide your mixture among 6 tortillas by adding a spoonful of the filling in each one and rolling it like a cigar (watch video for a visual) then place them seam-side down in the buttered baking dish.
5) Brush some of the butter all over the top and sides of the taquitos then sprinkle the top with some of the cinnamon sugar (you might not need all of the cinnamon sugar) and pop them in the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
6) When they come out, allow them to rest a bit then serve them with a little vanilla ice cream and an extra drizzle of caramel sauce.